Friday, June 02, 2006

show us your tips!!

i was dragged kicking and screaming to a group blog. after much arm twisting by kathleen eagle, i finally agree to join on a trial basis. i only post twice a month. right now i'm standing with one foot barely in the door and i'm braced to run because i'm afraid i've already spread myself too thin in blogland. i'm also the only non-romance writer in the group, so i'm feeling baffled by my role, yet at the same time we are all writers and our experiences tend to be similar, so it might work. we'll see.

here's the link:


riding with the top down

helen brenna is the author of today's interesting post. after several years as a struggling writer she recently made her first sale. but she's finding that the ride can still be rough.

12 comments:

emeraldcite said...

how...pink

;)

angie said...

Yep, that it is.

anne frasier said...

yep. :)

Sandra Ruttan said...

I dislike group bloggers.

They make me feel unwanted, unloved, alone, left in the corner of the playground without any toys or friends.

Which is why I behave so badly. I want someone to pay attention to me and invite me to join some little clique.

But I think everyone's just putting up "warning: freak" signs instead.

anne frasier said...

sandra, i'm basically no team player. the idea of a group blog makes sense in the fact that it should be a lot less work, but i like things a certain way -- even if i don't know what that way is! and i feel like i have to behave over there because it's not just my reputation at stake. you wouldn't want to have to behave, would you? ;) hell no!

Sandra Ruttan said...

No, I wouldn't want to behave - I'm actually seriously thinking on the group blog thing, because I can see that, down the road, it'll be really hard to keep up the blog all the time. But until I'm part of one I'm still mocking all you groupies.

emeraldcite said...

It takes awhile for people to warm up to me and get my sense of humor. I have a high cynical level, so I can be, shall we say, off-putting at times. I don't think I would do so well at group blogging. I play nice for awhile, but then I can't make promises...

anne frasier said...

sandra, mock away. :D i love it.


emeraldcite: i declined two or three times and dropped out once before our actual kickoff. then i agreed to a small trial period. i give myself two more weeks.

Jeff said...

I'd say give it another 15 minutes or so, and then if it doesn't look like it's going work out . . .BOLT! :)

anne frasier said...

jeff, that's so bad!

and funny.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I hope it works out! I think you have a lot of rebels here who read your blog. hehe. ;D

Some group blogs can really take off and be good exposure. =D You'll bring a little something different to the group and possibly gain a new type of readership.

Good luck! =D

anne frasier said...

thanks, kelly.
i don't know if it's going to take off. i've decided it's a minnesota thing. getting any kind of conversation out of somebody from mn is like pushing a giant boulder uphill.