Monday, August 21, 2006
the lonely moon short fiction contest
the lonely moon short fiction contest has now begun at the Clarity of Night.
Please join us!
And please feel free to post the contest info along with jason's beautiful photo on your blog. In fact we'd love that!
From Jason Evans:
Using the photograph above for inspiration, compose a short fiction piece of no more than 250 words in any genre or style. Send your entry to me by email at jevanswriter at yahoo dot com before 11:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 29th (Eastern Time, United States). Attachments are fine. Each entry will be posted and indexed.
To make things interesting, the following prizes are on the line:
* 1st Place: Autographed copy of Pale Immortal, $35 Amazon gift certificate, 8 x 10 print of the "Lonely Moon" photograph (signed by Jason Evans)
* 2nd Place: Autographed copy of Pale Immortal, $25 Amazon gift certificate
* 3rd Place: Autographed copy of Pale Immortal, $15 Amazon gift certificate
* 4th Place: $10 Amazon gift certificate
* 5th Place: $5 Amazon gift certificate
* Readers Choice Award (chosen by you/rules to be announced): Autographed copy of Pale Immortal, 8 x 10 print of the "Lonely Moon" photograph (signed by Jason Evans)
But this is about more than prizes. I hope you take advantage of the opportunity to meet and interact with your fellow writers. Read and comment on the entries. Teach, and learn, from others. Also, please take this opportunity to chat with Anne! She will be commenting on each of your entries and sharing some writing and industry tips on her blog, Static.
As a special treat, after the contest is over and you and I are hard at work reading enties, Anne will share another chapter of her novel on her Pale Immortal blog!
You do not want to miss this one!
Let's make writing a less lonely process.
1. 250 words maximum.
2. Titles are optional, but encouraged. Titles do not count towards your word count.
3. One entry per person.
4. Any genre or style is welcome.
5. All rights remain with you, the author; however, you consent to the posting of your entry on this blog.
6. Judging will be conducted by Jason Evans on the basis of pacing, entertainment value, technical use of language, storytelling, and voice.
7. Please provide a name for your byline. If you have a website or a blog, I'd be happy to link your name to it. If you don't have a website or blog, feel free to include a short bio. A bio does not count towards your word count.
8. At the close of the contest, I will announce the date and time for the announcement of winners.
9. After the winners are announced, I will post what I liked most about each entry. Also, if you send a request to me by email, I would be happy to offer any constructive comments I might have. Constructive comments will be by private email.
Let me officially declare the contest open!